Wednesday 4 February 2009

3 Major Issues With Contingency Plans

These are:

  • My fire and CGI look realistic.
  • The actors make the sequence look believable.
  • Health and Safety with risk assessments.

The most important of the three is the fire and getting it to look good.

Because my sequence is reliant on the imagery and effects that I come up with, if the fire does not look up to scratch then the rest of my sequence will fail. Despite the fact that the quality of my action and sequence relies mainly on one factor, the complexity of this is major and needs to be in exact proportions.

A solution to this would be to shoot some live footage of some fire and then mask it into my other live footage of the actors in the house and trying to make it look good from then on which would be tricky but at least then I will have realism of a real fire and smoke.

The only people that could help me on this would possibly be my teacher Nick or a friend of my Dave who's skills in after effects just surpass mine ><.

The second most important major issue is the actors and how well they perform.

Although my sequence does not have a lot of dialogue in it, it does rely on human emotion of fear, shock and anxiety. These are not the easiest of emotions to perform to the standard of realism but my sequence craves for these emotions and these are just as important as the fire in making my sequence look believable.

A solution to this would be to re shoot and re shoot until I get the look I'm after or maybe just do some sort of auditions with friends and family to get the right actors.

People who could help me with the realism would be my teachers.

The least important of the major issues to me is the health and safety issues.

The only risk assessment I need take into consideration is that my actors will be running up and down stairs and around them making this a huge hazard risk.

This could be easily overcome if I am not allowed to continue with this, I could film downstairs and then some how make it look like they are coming down stairs.

And again my teachers would be the help that I would need for this.

No comments: