Wednesday 4 February 2009

Problems That Are Getting To Me

Today in class I came across some slight annoyances and problems that will affect me and my project, most of these are easily overcome the rest are well will power and determination needed from me and also some slight technical hitches.

The annoyances or nuisances that will come upon me are the weather on Monday the 2ND of Feb and Tuesday the 3rd of Feb we lost to college days of work and it is possible that we might lose more due to snow, meaning I will need to pick up the slack.
Another nuisance is trying to figure out who would be ideal as actors for me and who would be good enough.

Here we get onto the more troublesome problems.

The setting of my location is what I'm struggling with, I need a fairly big house. Whilst mine is quite big it isn't the right shape that I need for some of my shots which I shall show with some location shots later on. Finding the right location is the key to my SFX working.

We've just been told today that we will only be able to use 4-5 of the HD camera from Coleridge school, now being in a class of 16 students this is quite hard to go about. As far as I am aware of currently two students have their own cameras they can use. That leaves 14 of use we are being allowed to use these cameras in half term but then have to share among us, there are two students who live fairly close to me but one of them will be using their own camera.
We also have 18 cameras in our class that are a bit "ropey" and are not of high standard and for loads of special effects it would be a shame if my live action footage degrades my effects.

Another minor concern is working within the time allocations for the footage. We have been told that our opening sequence has to be 2 minutes long and it could go 30 secs either way and not lose marks depending on the quality of our clip. I'm aiming for 2 minutes and 15 seconds.

Now we move on to the the major problems I have come across.

These are what really hit me in the face, as I am creating computerized fire and some CGI in my footage it has too look really good if it looks really unprofessional then that's my sequence ruined.

The actors I use, they need to make this believable. I'm not looking for the next James Bond or Spiderman but at least someone who can show emotion on demand.

Health and Safety. My actors are going to be running around a house up and down the stairs and near the stairs risk assessments need to be taken.

I will expand on my major issues in the next post.

No comments: