Thursday 5 March 2009

Evaluation - 9 Frames Analysis - Art Of The Title

First Frame - Transitions:

In my opening sequence I didn't use too many transitions I was looking for a quick sharp feel to my shots to make then switch to another rapidly. I did use one transition at the start, the screen is black and then the alarm starts going off then slowly the first shot fades in, which creates a more dramatic effect.

Second Frame - Lighting:

First of I had decided to produce some lighting in the rooms with some lamps because I originally had the rooms pitch black. But then someone had given me the idea of doing the whole thing in night mode which gave it more of an eerie and scary feel. This worked pretty well but did disrupt some of the special effects I wanted to use.

Third Frame - Visual Effects:

I had used a number of visual effects in my opening sequence such as fire and smoke I had also created some cgi but because of the night mode effect it looks like a paper bag. In this shot I had created some smoke using after effects I used the particular tool to create my own custom particles and animate them

Fourth Frame - Setting:

The setting of my movie is in the present, I wanted to keep it to this as that's how I imagined the characters and their scenery.

Fifth Frame - Framing:

In all my shots the characters heads are all placed in the screen frame well, in the fifth frame the main characters head is not in the shot. Although this is quite distracting to the audience and makes them wonder where it is, I did it like that on purpose to add more drama to it.

Sixth Frame - Costumes:

For the costumes I had gotten all the actors in pj's this creates a more authentic look and sets the scene. The costumes were not hard to come by and on the days I needed to shoot the actors brought their costumes with them.

Seventh Frame - Camera Movement:

For this shot we zoomed in as much as we could that kept a good amount of detail and quality in the shot. I liked this as it made the audience pay attention to him and nothing else. I didn't have a wide variation of shots but I still think my movie is effective.

Eighth Frame - Narrative:

This shot is of him in pain after being hit with some debris though not seeing this, I should have included it.

Ninth Frame - Typography:

I used a text that resembled the theme and setting of my movie this made it more eye catching and attractive. I felt that if I used boring text then some of the audience would lose interest in the movie. Keeping the titles interesting will keep them interested.

No comments: