Sunday 1 March 2009

Rough Cut Feedback

Here I shall state all the feedback that I had recieved from all my peers, on my rough cut.

"Too much action, makes it confusing."
"Camere: some good shot throughout the house"
"Framework: good context within the shots"
"movement: done well to get a lot of movement in a small area"
"sounds of flames emphasised to bring out the fear"
"possible scary music?"
"shouting and people talking"
"The scenes seem very dark, and the use of night vision is good, but a bit to blair witch style, try and avoid that in future, also it seems like a thriller."
"needs more transitions between shots also the fire needs putting in, also make the shots brighter"
"Needs something interesting to keep the audience interested"
"Needs titles"
"felt unfinished, couldn't tell exatly what was going on?"
"who is main character?"
"i think sounds of them whispering would work well, to explain things going on and maybe some panic music"
"why night mode when its day?"
"good shot bit confusing at times"
"night vision give horror feel to film"
"good use of angles & shot length/distance - close ups etc"
"good cuts between shots - ocasional jump that didn't match up"
"not clear where they where running"
"good shots and we understand there is a ire, it is sometimes to hard to see and the shots are a bit too dark though"
"location - house"
"costumes - casual"
"no titles, Don't understand whats going on"
"too dark"
"cant see whats going on"
"night camera/ normal camera (jump is very rough)"

As you can see all the comments I had recieved were all constructive, however at times bing critical but they were constructive and that is needed to help me understand what I need to do next and how to improve my sequence.

To everyones feedback I had added sound to my sequence, without the sound my sequence is hard to understand but now its not, the sound also creates a nice atmosphere to the movie.

I've added some more transitions in some shots to make it easier on the eye and I have brightened up some of the scenes, I think that the reason it seemed so dark when everyone watched it was because it was on a projector because it was fine on my laptop and desktop at home.

Titles have been added, before I added titles my scene was starting to look a bit like a trailer but after some editing and adding titles I think it now looks like an opening sequence.

No comments: